Clickbank University 2.0 Review – Scam or Good Opportunity?
ClickBank University 2.0 is promoted as a way to earn 6-7 figures a year from home. They claim that it can help you generate ClickBank commissions like clockwork and that if you join today you can even earn your first commission by tonight… But come on now… Is it really this great?
We all know of ClickBank and we all know they are a legitimate and reputable company, but is there online marketing training program really this amazing? Is this program the answer that is going to save you from the robots taking over the workforce? Or is it possible that ClickBank University 2.0 is a scam that I would recommend avoiding?
In this review I'll be going over (hopefully) everything that you need to know to make a better and more informed decision of whether or not this is a good program for you. I'll be going over everything from the training, to the tools, a massive upsell, the support, the real cost, pros v cons and more. This review is going to be pretty lengthy and detailed, so you can use the quick navigation below if you want to jump to a certain section 🙂
Clickbank University 2.0 Review
What Is Clickbank University 2.0?
ClickBank University was founded in 2013 by Matt Hulett, Adam Horwitz, and Justin Atlan. It has went through a lot of changes over the years, which is why is now called ClickBank University "2.0". And even with it being the newer version, things are still evolving… Training being updated and as such as times change.
But anyways… CBU 2.0 is a digital product creation and affiliate marketing training program that is mostly geared towards beginners looking to get started making money online via ClickBank. Overall the program is good, and it is nice that you learned straight from the source (ClickBank themselves), but there are a few downsides that I will go over in this review.
Can you really join today and start earning commissions by tonight? Sure… I guess it is possible, but it really isn't likely. This is just some typical somewhat misleading online marketing.
When it comes to the training that CBU 2.0 offers, there are two different paths that you can take. You can choose to learn to make money as an affiliate or as a vendor. When this university program first opened up, there was only training for becoming a vendor, but since then they have added affiliate training as well.
Overall the training is well laid out, easy to follow, and very professionally made. It is in video format, has lots of screen tutorial videos, and also can be viewed in written format, which can be better at times.
No matter which path you take, you will notice that once you get to week 3 the proceeding content is locked, and to unlock it you have to email the CBU team. They say that this is this way to keep people on track and keep them from jumping ahead. Now I'm not sure exactly how true this is, but I do know when it comes to "make money online" programs like this people do tend to get a little bit too excited and jump I had at times… But whatever the case I think it is a bit unnecessary.
Below I will go over each of the two training programs in more detail so you know what you're getting yourself into…
Affiliate Training Program (8 Weeks)
The affiliate training program is an eight week program called ClickBank Affiliate Mastery.
Now if you don't know affiliate marketing is, let me explain this briefly before jumping into the training: affiliate marketing is when you promote products online and earn commissions when you help make sales. It is particularly good for beginners looking to make money online because you don't need to create your own product or sell something that is yours… You just promote someone else's product.
The ClickBank Affiliate Mastery course is taught by Adam. The eight weeks are focused on the following…
- Week 1 - Affiliate Marketing on Clickbank
- This is going to be just a basic introduction to affiliate marketing on ClickBank
- Week 2 - Understanding Affiliate Marketing
- Here you will be given a general overview of the process
- Week 3 - Finding Your Passion
- It it is important that you find products that you are passionate about to promote, which is what the focus is in week three.
- Week 4 - The Ultimate Affiliate Funnel
- This week is focused on funnel creation
- Week 5 - Free, Free, Free: Always Over-deliver
- Here you will learn about over delivering as a way to lure in new customers, in particular by giving away something for free
- Week 6 - Writing The Perfect Swipe
- In week six it is all about writing a good swipe to help convert more customers
- Week 7 - The Email Blueprint
- Email marketing is a big deal. You have probably heard people say that the money is in the list. Well… And this week you will learn about email marketing and how you can use it for affiliate marketing.
- Week 8 - Scaling and Expanding
- Lastly... You are going to want to know how to scale and expand your affiliate marketing business so that you aren't stuck doing all the tedious small tasks that you originally did.
Now an eight week training program is fairly lengthy and seems like it would provide a great deal of information, however there are complaints about this training not being nearly as detailed as it could be, and even outdated in some areas.
There could be more tutorials going over exactly how to go about doing the steps, rather than just giving broad overviews. Knowing what to do is one thing, but actually going through the process is different.
As I said, this affiliate training program is something that they added to the ClickBank University more recently, which is nice, but it is lacking in areas in there are other affiliate training programs out there that I would recommend, which I will go over later in the review.
The vendors training is where it all started for CBU...
Vendors Training Program (12 Weeks)
The ClickBank Product Mastery course is 12 weeks long and is taught by Justin. It is a longer and more detailed course, which makes sense because this is where CBU started and creating your own product as a vendor is more complicated than simply promoting other people's products.
The 12 weeks are as follows...
- Week 1 - How Everything Works + Setup for Success
- Week 1 is basically an introduction to how everything works, duh, and focus is on getting things set up.
- Week 2 - Finding Your Product Niche
- Just as with affiliate marketing, when you create your and products you are going to need to figure out which niche you want to go into. Coming up with a niche can be difficult but this is very important because you want to create a product in a niche that you are passionate about.
- Week 3 - Creating Your Avatar
- Who are you and what are you like? How do you want to be represented? This is all about creating your Avatar, which might seem somewhat unnecessary, but I'm glad to see they are including this in the training.
- Week 4 - Course Content Creation & Outsourcing
- As the title suggests… This is all about creating your content and outsourcing, which there's a good chance you are going to want to do.
- Week 5 - Your Perfect Upsell to Maximize Sales
- If you are familiar with ClickBank products then you are well aware that they all have upsells. ClickBank products are famous for their up-sells… Usually 2 to 3 of them which can be annoying. However… These upsells can make you money and this is the focus of week five.
- Week 6 - High Converting Sales Copy
- Week six is all about creating a good sales copy, which is obviously very important.
- Week 7 - The Easy VSL
- VSL stands for the video sales letter, and these can be very effective. You we'll see just about every professional promotion out there containing a VSL... This is because they work.
- Week 8 - Finalizing Your Product Via Builder
- Here the focus will be on the ClickBank Builder 2.0 tool that I'll discuss below.
- Week 9 - Getting Up On Clickbank
- Here you will be taken through the process of getting your product and everything up on ClickBank.
- Week 10 - JV Managing
- When you create your own product you can have affiliates promote it, just as you would for other people if you were to go through the affiliate training that I discussed above. JV stands for "joint venture" and this is all about working with affiliates, which is easy to do through ClickBank.
- Week 11 - Split Testing
- Not much to say here… Split testing is absolutely necessary.
- Week 12 - How to Scale
- And lastly of course there is scaling. After you have your business up and going, now it is time to scale.
Tools & Other Resources
In addition to the training, you will also be provided with other resources, some necessary and some not, that will be helping you with your online business.
Toolkit & Traffic Center
The toolkit in traffic center is basically a library that shows you how to use different tolls for automating your business, some free and some not, along with some training on driving traffic to your offer.
The tools that you are referred to use our third-party tools, which you will be able to get a discount on through ClickBank University. There it's a lack of training when it comes to actually using these tools, but you can easily find tutorials on YouTube if you want to. However, it would be nice if there is more detail in this training program.
When it comes to the "traffic center", there isn't much to be said. Overall the training is seriously lacking and only focuses on running Facebook ads in doing Instagram shout outs. Not only could there be more detail provided on both of these advertising methods, but what about SEO, Bing ads, Google AdWords, using Facebook pages and Facebook groups for advertising, what about Pinterest??… The list goes on.
They really cut it short with the traffic training in this is definitely a disappointment. Without traffic you don't get any sales… It doesn't matter how good of a product you created or you are promoting… Traffic is the "lifeblood" of online business, as some people call it.
On the platform you also have access to interviews that the ClickBank guys did with gurus such as Gary Vanderchuk, Mike Whitefield, Tony Almeida, and many others. These are fairly in-depth interviews, usually around 30 minutes or so, and are on a bunch of different topics that have to do with online marketing. They could be focused on things like branding, pre-selling, etc.
You can get nice little nuggets of information from these interviews, but they really aren't anything that special. They will give you some good broad ideas that are definitely helpful, but that's about it.
In addition to all of this, you also get add-on training that is focused on various aspects of online marketing, such as advertising, copywriting, YouTube ads, etc. It it is nice that they do provide some additional traffic training here, but I would still like to see more.
One of the good things is that by being a CBU 2.0 member you also get access to new courses that are added in the future, but of course we don't know what these will be.
Clickbank Builder (Builder 2.0)
ClickBank Builder 2.0, or just Builder 2.0, is the massive upsell that I mentioned in the beginning of this review. After you join ClickBank University 2.0 you will be pushed to purchase this upsell, which costs a massive $594.
Now it isn't completely necessary to purchase, however in the training there is some focus on this and they pretty much act as if you have already bought it, so if you don't buy you may feel a bit lost at some points.
But anyways… ClickBank Builder is a sales funnel creation software where you can drag-and-drop different elements around to create really nice looking sales funnels to promote your ClickBank offers.
Basically it allows you to create small sales funnel websites designed to get people to purchase your product, or the product you are promoting. It might be worth buying if you are serious about creating your own product, but for complete beginners that are looking to get started with the affiliate marketing side of things, this probably is not for you.
The sales funnels that you will be able to create through ClickBank Builder 2.0 will be hosted by ClickBank themselves. This gives an advantage over other similar software out there, because it allows you to seamlessly integrate your funnels with your ClickBank offers.
Thrive Architect by Thrive Themes is a good, much cheaper alternative. This is what I use for all my sites.
Support... Is It Any Good?
When it comes to programs like this, support is essential. There is nothing worse than getting involved with some training program, getting lost at some point (which is pretty much inevitable) and then not being able to get the support you need to get back on track.
I remember when I first started out online in 2015 and how lost I was at times. I've been there and I know what it's like.
But anyways… Is the support offered with ClickBank University 2.0 any good? Or are you going to get lost and receive absolutely no help… Just being another number in the system lost for good?
Well… Yes there is support. There are several different ways that you can get help if you have a question or are stuck on something. You can get help via the weekly live Q&A, the CB forum, or the support team.
Weekly Live Q & A
Maybe I should have listened this above, but it is a form of support so I am talking about here.
The weekly live Q&A day is just as it sounds. It is a live Q&A session where you can ask questions and hopefully they will get answered… Emphasis on "hopefully". From what I have read these Q&A sessions are basically just a bunch of random questions being answered and are best for newbies.
They don't really have any focused and for many people are probably just going to be a waste of time.
The CB Forum
Another way that you can get help if you are stuck on something is through the forum. You can ask any question on the forum and hopefully it'll get answered, maybe by one person and maybe by several people.
The form appears like this…
I was reading some old reviews and apparently this form has improved a lot over the years. It has become much more organized and active, however it is still lacking in my opinion.
I read one review where someone mentioned that you have to login to a different portal to access the forum. This is a good point. Having to log into somewhere else just decreases activity. It would be nice if this form was contained right along with all of the training and everything else at CBU.
I'm a member of Wealthy Affiliate, which is my top pick when it comes to affiliate marketing training, and they are well known for their very active and lively community for them. So maybe my expectations are just too high when it comes to this.
The Real Cost
So let's talk about price for a bit. You have the $47 per month membership and you have the massive $594 upsell for ClickBank Builder 2.0, which isn't mandatory but is definitely pushed on you hard, AND… You can't forget the other tolls that you are referred to along with the fact that the traffic training they provide to you is focused on paid traffic and not on all of the awesome free traffic generation techniques that exist.
This is just something to keep in mind if you are looking to get involved with CBU 2.0. I really don't think that the course is overpriced by any means, there is plenty of value considering the membership price. The only questionable price would be for the ClickBank Builder 2.0. Sure... It is a very easy to use software that you can create really awesome funnels and landing pages with, but $594?? That seems a bit steep.
Pros v Cons
- Straight from the source - You learn how to do affiliate marketing or so will your own product on ClickBank from ClickBank themselves. Right off the bat that sounds like a great idea... certainly a bigillion times better than scams like the CB Cash Code program.
- Very professional - The training is very professional and good quality. Sure, is lacking in areas, but it is well laid out and there was obviously a lot of work that went into creating it all.
- Good way to create your own product - This course, in my opinion, is pretty good if you are looking to create your and digital product. ClickBank is a great marketplace for selling digital products and the vendor training is on the better side.
- Lacking traffic training - As I've mentioned multiple times, there is a lot more training they could have provided when it comes to traffic generation. If you are a vendor then much of the traffic will be handled by affiliates, but if you are an affiliate this is going to be more important. It is definitely still important for both product vendors and affiliates however.
- Forum could be more active - Community forms like this are often overlooked. Back when I was a beginner I received is so much help through forums by other members I don't know if I would've made it without them. That said… The CBU forum is getting better but just isn't as active as it could be.
- More expensive than it seems - As I've discussed, things are going to get more pricey than they may seem at first.
Is Clickbank University a Scam?
I think that is pretty obvious ClickBank University 2.0 is not a scam. The and the reason I am including this section and my review is because I know a lot of people are going to be asking it.
CBU 2.0 is a professional training program developed by ClickBank themselves, which has a pretty good reputation for being one of the larger digital product marketplaces out there, although I would say it is declining over the years, but nonetheless it is a good program.
I guess you could say that some of the promotional material out there for CBU 2.0 is somewhat misleading, such as how they lead you to believe that you can join today and start earning commissions tonight, but it is still far from a scam.
There or lots of different reviews out there on this program, some good and some bad, mine is a bit in the middle. My final opinion is that this training program is best for aspiring vendors that want to create their own digital product, but I think there are better options for people looking to get into affiliate marketing.
There it is a heck of a lot going on here and I think it might be a better choice for them to separate the two training programs, vendor and affiliate, in definitely add additional training to the affiliate side of things, in particular when it comes to traffic generation which should be a major focus.
If you want to be a vendor and make money selling your very own digital product, then this is definitely a program I would suggest getting into. Truth be told, I don't know all that many other programs out there that I can compare it to when it comes to this, but from what I see this is definitely a program that could get you to your end goal… Which would be making money selling your product on ClickBank.
That said, if you are looking to make money as an affiliate marketer, which is probably the easiest way for beginners to get started in online marketing, there are better options out there. My recommendation would be Wealthy Affiliate, which is actually where I started back in 2015 when I first started looking for ways to make money online.... And I now make a living doing this which goes to show that it works.
Wealthy Affiliate is pretty much solely focused on affiliate marketing and provides a heck of a lot more in depth training when it comes to this. It is just a much more rounded training program for aspiring affiliates and is definitely my recommendation for such. I'm not going to get into it all here, but you can click the button below to read my full review of Wealthy Affiliate:
Any questions or comments? Leave them down below in the comment section and I will get back to you as soon as I can 🙂 Also leave your own review for CBU 2.0 if you have one, as I am sure it will benefit other readers of my review here.