What Is Solo Build It? – A Scam or Good Opportunity? [Review]
Solo Build It (Solo Build It!) is said to be an "all-in-one" platform for building a profitable online business, but is this place really worth getting involved with? Can you really become a "solopreneur" by following the step-by-step training and simply doing as you are instructed?
What is Solo Build It exactly and is it a scam?
All these questions are important and should definitely be answered before getting involved in a training program like this, which could cost a fair amount money and take up a lot of your time. In this in-depth review I'll be providing you with all of the information you need to know, good and bad, so that you can make a more informed decision for yourself of whether or not this is right for you.
This review is in-depth and lengthy, so feel free to use the quick navigation menu below to jump around 🙂
Solo Build It Review
- Official Website: SiteSell.com
Solo Build It, or SBI as I will be referring to it, used to go by the name Site Build It in was founded way back in 1997 by Ken Evoy. It wasn't until 2017 that the name changed to SBI.
SBI is an online marketing training platform that provides step-by-step training for teaching people how to build their own online business, and ultimately make money with it. In addition to the training it also provides the tools needed to make all of this happen.
Membership is available at a monthly or yearly price, being $29 per month or $299 per year, which may seem like a lot but really isn't considering what all you are provided with.
Overall I think that SBI is a good program, definitely not a scam, but there are other options out there as well as I will go over in this review.
In a Nutshell
As I said, SBI is in online marketing training platform that provides you with the training and tools for creating a profitable online business, which is why it is referred to as an "all-in-one" platform.
One point that they really try to make clear in promotional material is that SBI does not just teach you how to build a website, but rather build a business that you can monetize. This is likely the reason that SBI changed from "Site Build It" to "Solo Build It", or at least that is what many people think.
Building a website is a necessary part of the process, which you do learn, but is still just one part of the process, just one piece of the puzzle.
What Solo Build It Is All About
There are a lot of different approaches you can take to make money online when it comes to building out your own website… But what is the focus of SBI?
I'll go over this and a lot more detail below, but the focus is on building a website around quality content, with the hopes of ranking in search engines such as Google and Yahoo, thus attracting free traffic to your website which you will then be able to monetize by advertising, promoting products, etc.
The Focus Of The Training
The focus of the training is all around CTPM, which stands for content, traffic, presell, and monetize.
- Content - This is all about your website... creating quality content that will rank in the search engines and convert
- Traffic - Of course every website needs traffic to make money and there is obviously going to be a large focus on this.
- Pre-sell - Pre-selling is all about gaining trust from your audience, getting visitors to trust you before you try to sell to them.
- Monetize - And of course the ultimate goal is to make money.
Core Training at SBI
When you join SBI the first thing you will do is get started with the Action Guide, which is a 10 day course that takes you from nothing, to being able to make money with your website. However, don't think that you will actually be making money in 10 days… This can be extremely misleading and just because your website has the potential to make money does not mean it is actually going to be making money.
I'll get more into this in a bit, but anyways… Here is what you will be doing the first 10 days, which you can complete your own pace…
- Intro: The 10-DAY BIG Picture
- Gives you the big picture
- Day 1: Master the ALL-Important Basics
- Basically somewhat still and introduction
- Learn more in-depth about CTPM
- Day 2: Develop Your Best Site Concept
- Focused on brainstorming and choosing a niche for your site, which is what your website will be all about
- Day 3: Brainstorm More Profitable Page Topics
- Will learn about keyword research and develop a list of keywords you can target on your site to bring in traffic
- Day 4: Investigate and Plan Monetization Options
- Here you will look into monetizing your site and try to plan out the best approaches for this
- Day 5: Refine Your Site Concept and Register Your Domain Name
- You will determine the "voice" you will take with your site... how you will represent your brand (which is you) in your particular niche
- You will also register a domain at this point
- Day 6: Build a Site That Gets the Click!
- Now it is time to create your website, well... the start of it anyhow
- Day 7: Build Free Traffic From a Variety of Sources
- You will learn about driving traffic to your site and the best ways to go about doing this; a large focus is on free traffic from search engines
- Day 8: Develop Relationships
- This is all about developing relationships and trust. Covered here will be newsletters, social sharing, setting up a contact form and more
- Day 9: Know Your Visitors
- It is important to know your visitors if you want them to convert, and that is what this module is about. You will learn how to analyze your traffic to imrove conversions
- Day 10: Monetize
- Finally... here you will set up your first method of monetization.
What you may not know is that I make a living doing what SBI is teaching people to do… Getting websites ranked in the search engines and monetizing them via different methods. After all, you did come across my website here after searching around the Internet (via Google, Yahoo, etc.) did you not?
So I can tell you with complete certainty that it would be incredibly unlikely, it very very very unlikely, that anyone is going to make any money in the first 10 days… And if they do it would be luck.
The "All In One" Part of It
Lets talk about this "all-in-one" stuff for a bit. It seems like a lot of different programs out there claim to be "all-in-one" but then often leave you needing more… So that you have to go out and buy some other service here or some other product there to make things happen.
When it comes to SBI, they really are an all-in-one platform. I mean sure, there are always additional products/services that you can go out and purchase, but they provide you with everything that is necessary to building a business of this sort.
What All You Get
Of course the core of it all is the step-by-step training, which will take you through the whole process and show you exactly what to do and when to do it. Below I've broken down what you get into the four different focuses of this program, the CTPM...
- SiteDesigner - Tool which allows you to create a website easily with pre-made templates
- BlockBuilder - Tool that allows you to drag and drop website designer
- Hosting - You get hosting with your membership
- Analyze It! - Analysis tool provides suggestions to increase conversions and search engine rankings on pages before you publish them
- Search engine tracking - Allows you to easily track your rankings
- Click analysis - Provides stats on clicks so that you can see what visitors are doing and improve conversions
- Email newsletter publishing - Can create customer newsletters
- Autoresponder - Allows you to send out automated messages to subscribers; can also integrate your forms with other autoresponders, such as Aweber and Getresponse
- Socialize It! - Social media sharing tools
- Private Monetization Headquarters - Provides information on increasing conversions, many different "how to" methods explained
So as you can see... this is "all-in-one". As I mentioned a little bit ago, I make a living doing this kind of stuff online, so I know what all you need to be successful with this type of business and this platform provides all of that.
You have the training which is going to guide you through the process, you have the tools to help you build out a website, you have the tools to be able to find keywords that you can target so that you can attract free traffic through the search engines, you have social media told along with an autoresponder, etc.
If anything, I would say that SBI actually provides more than is absolutely necessary.
Confused? Here Is a Better Explanation
I know this all can be confusing so I'll try to explain it as in-depth, yet as simply as possible what all is going on here:
What you will be taught to do at SBI is create a website that will get ranked in the search engines and receive free traffic (visitors) whom you will then be able to monetize by advertising, promoting products, etc.
You will be brainstorming and planning everything out before you really start to take action, but the main elements of this business model can be summed up in 4 steps...
- First what you will have to do is come up with a niche, which will be the topic your website is focused around. Maybe you want to create a website around horses, maybe around gymnastics, maybe something specific like teaching dogs tricks, etc. The first step is figuring this out and making sure that there is the potential to profit.
- After figuring out what you want your website to be about, of course then you have to build the website. With the tools SBI provides you will be able to choose a design that you like from pre-made website templates. You will also be able to use BlockBuilder, which is the visual editor, to drag-and-drop elements of your website.
- The next part of the process is creating content that is going to rank in the search engines, such as Google and Yahoo. This content will be focused around the niche that you just chose. You will be able to use the keyword research tool provided to find keywords you will be able to rank with in the search engines. If this all sounds confusing, it really isn't. The take away here is that you will be writing blog posts/articles to get ranked in the search engines.
- And of course the last step is monetization. You choose a niche, you bill your website, and you created content that is ranked in the search engines. You now have traffic and it is now time to monetize that traffic. There are a bunch of different ways to do this, but two of the most "beginner friendly" ways to do so or by placing ads on your site and by promoting products.
Can You Really Make Money Doing This?
Of course the goal with all of this is to create a profitable online business, but is this something that is realistically possible?
Well as you already should know, yes it is possible… Because this is how I make a living and I know many other people that do the same, not necessarily making a living but at least making some decent money with it.
So yes it is realistically possible, but failure is also realistically possible. There are many advantages to creating an online business rather than a traditional brick-and-mortar business, but failure rates are still pretty darn high and there is no doubt that a lot of people end up failing.
I'm throwing this info into this review because I think it is important that everyone knows they certainly aren't guaranteed success.
Important: Don't Get The Wrong Opinion
Almost forgot... I wanted to explain a bit more on why you will NOT be making money in 10 days, as the training might make you think.
The reason mostly comes down to this methods focus on ranking in the search engines. You need traffic in order to make money and the focus here is getting traffic from Google, Yahoo, etc. The problem is that none of the search engines rank new websites very well at all. So when you first start out the new website you can be doing everything right, but still not getting any traffic, or extremely little… This is just the way it is.
You have to gain the trust of the search engines before they will start raining you while in before you will start getting decent traffic. This can take months, and certainly CANNOT be done in 10 days.
What Is The Support Like?
When I first started looking for ways to make money online back in 2015 there's a good chance I was in a similar situation to what you are in now.
I know how important it can be to have good support. Maybe you don't know this, but if you don't you will become aware. Unless you are a genius, you will get stuck at some points in the training and probably have a few technical problems along the way. Support is a must in without any support there is no doubt the failure rates would be much higher.
Luckily, SBI does provide support. The 2 main ways you can get support are as follows:
1) First off, they have a 24/7 support team on standby. These people will be able to help you with most things, but it is important to know that this is not some team of "gurus".
2) There are also private forums in which you can use to communicate with other SBI members. This is something that really can come in handy because you can talk to others who are going through the same process as you, or maybe have already went through it and have been successful.
In addition to this, there is also the Private Tips & Techniques Headquarters section which includes updates on what is going on, new developments, deleted content, changes, etc. within the program.
Site Build It vs Wealthy Affiliate
For those of you who don't know, Wealthy Affiliate is another online business training platform that is very similar to SBI, and… I am very familiar with it because this is the program I used to get started you money online back in 2015.
Overall, both programs are good. They both provide the training and tools necessary when it comes to this sort of online business.
However, I would say that Wealthy Affiliate excels due to its much more lively/active community and it having more training overall.
The community aspect is a big deal. When you are able to communicate with other people who are doing what you are trying to do, you can learn a lot in this can really help increase your chances of success.
I also like at Wealthy Affiliate provides weekly live training webinars in addition step-by-step training that is already laid out for members.
That said, one of the upsides to SBI is that they provide more tools. For example, they provide an autoresponder tool so that you can send out automated emails to subscribers, whereas Wealthy Affiliate does not. I wanted both provide all the very essential tools that are absolutely necessary for this type of business.
I would recommend Wealthy Affiliate overall, mainly because this is the program I use to get started with the end is pretty much responsible for my success, but both are good.
You can read my full Wealthy Affiliate review here for more information.
Is This a Smart Path for Beginners?
I know a lot of people reading this are probably beginners looking to make their first penny online. But is this a smart path for beginners to take?
In my opinion is one of the best ways for beginners to get started in the world of online marketing. It provides a very affordable and a low risk way to legitimately make sustainable money online. Most of the focus is on free traffic, so you don't have to worry about advertising costs and all of that. With both programs discussed above it is an all-in-one type of deal.
Not only is this method affordable, but the focus also is mainly on promoting products and advertising as a way of monetizing your website, which means that you do not have to worry about creating a product, dealing with customers, etc.
Affiliate marketing, which is when you promote products and earn commissions when you help make sales, is probably the most popular way for people to first start making money online and for good reason... It is one of the easier ways to go about doing so.
Final Thoughts & What I Recommend
Solo Build It is one of the few good online marketing training programs in a cyber world full of scams. The program is built around a legitimate improvement way to make money online, provides the training and tools necessary to be able to make money this way, and is affordable in price.
Overall SBI is definitely one of the better programs out there.
But should you join?
Because on the other hand we have Wealthy Affiliate which is another online marketing training program that teaches the same method the making money online. It is also affordable and provides all the training and tolls necessary.
Both programs are good, but my recommendation would have to be Wealthy Affiliate. This is what I know works from years of experience, being a member there since 2015 when it all that started.
Read my Wealthy Affiliate review for more info:
Please leave any comments or questions down below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can 🙂 you enjoyed this review and found it helpful. If you are a member, or were a member of SBI, then I would appreciate your thoughts on it all as well. I'm sure they can benefit other readers of my blog here.