Is SurveyPolice.com a scam? This is an important question that needs to be addressed. I was looking around and found that there was almost no other information out there from people looking into the legitimacy of this website, which is why I decided to and wrote a review about it.
Can you really trust the reviews on this massive survey database, which basically it is? If they recommend a survey site and say it is great, should you join? Or is it possible that there a big scam that is just making money recommending survey sites that aren’t any good?
In this review I’ll be going over what exactly the site is and the information they provide, what I like most about it, how they make money, whether or not you can really trust their ratings, some concerns I have and more.
What Is SurveyPolice.com?
SurveyPolice (at SurveyPolice.com) is not a paid survey website and of itself, but rather a website that provides information about survey sites. And no… They have no association with any law enforcement agency all the other name is Survey”Police”.
Some of the information that they provide includes…
- List of top survey sites
- On their website they have a list of what they considered to be the top survey sites. They provide a brief description of each of the survey sites and buttons you can click to join them.
- The reviews of the different survey sites are probably what most people know this place for. I will show you below an example, but basically they review different survey sites and provide a good amount of information on each in a condensed manner.
- Surveys that pay via PayPal & Amazon Gift Cards
- Since a lot of people out there are looking for surveys that specifically pay via PayPal or with Amazon gift cards, they provide lists of different survey programs that you can join which pay out this way.
- Search for Surveys In Your Country
- You can also find surveys depending on where you are in the world. This is a nice feature because most survey sites only have open membership for people of certain countries.
- Blog and news
- And they also have their blog and news section of the website. Here they keep you updated on important things going on within the online survey world. Most of what you will find here isn’t that important and you probably will have no interest in, but every once in a while there might be something worth reading.
Survey Reviews Example:
Just as an example of what they provide with their survey reviews, below is a screenshot I took from a review of the paid survey site called Pinecone Research. As you can see, they have a picture of the website, the location and contact information, the overall user rating, and a button that you can click to join or leave a review…
Below all of that they provide a bulleted list of the rewards offered, member opportunities, information about redeeming your points, and similar panels. This way you can get a fast overview of the different ways that you can earn money, the different ways he can get paid, and so on.
And below that they then going to a little more detail on the general information of the site, such as the different types of surveys offered, how to join, how much you can make, customer service, etc. Not all the reviews are laid out in the same manner, but all are pretty short and concise which I like.
What I Like Most
What I like most by far as the fact that this website is a great source to find real user reviews. Anyone can leave reviews for different survey websites that they have been a part of and it is great to get little pieces of information from sometimes hundreds of different users. You can find out a lot of good things and negative aspects about different survey sites by reading over these reviews.
For the example I showed above, which is Pinecone Research, there are over 600 user reviews alone. That is a heck of a lot for a single survey site and in my opinion this is the absolute best place to go to find independent user reviews. I always a sure to check out the site when looking into different paid survey opportunities… And many of the times I jump straight to the user review section.
How They Make Money?
The problem, or what some people would call it a problem, comes into play whenever you talk about how this place makes money… Which is by referral marketing. In a nutshell, they get paid to refer people to all of these different paid survey websites.
As you can imagine, this creates somewhat of a conflict of interest. Are they really going to keep their reviews on a store or are they going to just end up promoting the survey sites that are willing to pay them the most money? This is a concern that many people out there have, and I completely understand.
Can You Trust Their Ratings & Reviews?
Sure they provide lots of ratings and reviews, but can you trust them? This is the big question.
Well… It’s not like I get into the minds of the people working at SurveyPolice.com and find out for myself, I only base my opinion on what I see from the outside.
Let me first say that there top survey rankings do not seem to be based on user ratings, which is a bit concerning I guess.
For example, as I am writing this, the number one rated survey site by SurveyPolice themselves is a place called OneOpinion…
HOWEVER, the number one user rated paid survey site is a place called PaidViewPoint. And this survey site is rated well above OneOpinion by users as you can see below… And as a heck of a lot more user reviews…
So why is OneOpinion ranks number one by Survey Police yet it is ranked number three by users? This is something that I do not know the answer to and I wish they would do a little better at explaining their rankings.
And another big question is can you even trust the user reviews? I mean seriously… Take a look at the screenshot I just showed you above. The survey site that is ranked at number one, called PaidViewPoint, has 1,186 user reviews while all the other survey sites shown have less than 300. How can a survey site possibly get that many user reviews?
This brings the question into play of whether or not some of these user reviews are fake and/or manipulated. It is definitely not out of the question and I have seen fake reviews plenty of times before on similar sites. What is more concerning about these user reviews is that it would be incredibly easy for people to fake them. In order to leave a review on SurveyPolice.com all you have to do is create a member account, which is very simple.
For what it’s worth, I do think PaidViewPoint is a good survey site and they are one that I recommend.
Pros v Cons
- Very informative, well presented information
- Gives you a good idea of what you are getting into, what types of money making opportunities are offered by the different survey sites, what rewards are available, etc
- Best source of real user reviews (in my opinion of course)
- Can find tons of real user reviews for just about every survey site out there. Can you trust all of them? Probably not, but still… you will find out lots of helpful info from these reviews.
- Most of what they provide is free
- They do have memberships that you have to sign up for to write reviews. They are free as far as money goes, but you will have to give some personal info which they can potentially make money off of.
- Helps keep you updated
- Have the blog/news section that provides some good updates on what is going on in the online survey world. Most of them are probably of no interest to you but sometimes they can be helpful, such as when a survey site changes a policy or something along these lines.
- They get paid to promote survey sites
- I’m not saying that they are a bunch of liars…
- You have to be a member to leave a review
- This could also be seen as a pro because it will help deter people from creating fake reviews, just because it is a little bit more difficult to leave a review in the first place
- User reviews can be easily manipulated
- The question of whether or not you can trust the user reviews is something that you always have to wonder about. However, this is a con to any sort of review site out there that allows users to leave their own reviews, such as job sites like Glassdoor and thousands of other websites. There just isn’t much you can do about it.
Final Thoughts – Scam?
In my opinion SurveyPolice.com is no scam. Now whether or not you think that they are being manipulated by the money and misleading people into joining survey sites that pay them the most is up to you, but I see no proof of any of this.
Based on what I see, they provide a pretty good service and a lot of people use this website to get information before joining different paid survey sites.
What I will say however is that they probably do make just about any paid survey website seem like a little bit better of an opportunity than they really are. I will also say that I don’t agree 100% with all of their reviews and at times I see they do leave out some important information. But you can’t cover every important detail every time and all in all I think it’s a pretty good website that I still used to get information from, especially by reading the user reviews.
But anyways… I hope you enjoyed my review of this website and found at least a little bit helpful. Please leave any questions, comments, or concerns below and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can 🙂
By the way, if you want to check out my recommendation for earning good money online (not pocket change like paid survey sites provide) then check out how I went from $0 to over $6,000 a month online.